Saturday, July 18, 2009

Soldering Queens... Sally Jean & Chandelier-Ella!

treated like queens we were... three days in the twinkle and inspiration of sally jean's studio
i just had to sit for a bit and take it all in... every nook

my stack of bits to be added to my Chandelier-Ella!

here is my hurrah... lots of room to add bits later

helping hands

created all this wonder

lucy has a new friend... a birthday gift for our hostess!

a happy birthday girl

sally organizes her books by color... i came right home and reorganized mine (denise is laughing i know she is)... Speaking of Denise.... big thanks miss for letting me stay with you! Denise and i had a wonderful time... shopping til we dropped... the beach... yummy spa massage... good food and drink... good coffee and then better coffee! Thanks Denise!
my new discovery... these sweet little albums... these are Sally's
i can't wait to find some of my own.

9 comments:

Dede Warren said...

Keli,

The workshop looks amazing! I would love to see Sally's studio... what a fascinating place it must be! Can't wait to hear all about the class! I'd love to know what kind of wire you used for the base of your Chandelier!

Dawn said...

Looks like you had a great time in your class. What fun! Glad you enjoyed your stay in Oregon and it was so nice to meet you in person at the antique show. Hope to see you again.

m i c h e l l e said...

Oooh oooh oooh! I'm SO happy you have pictures posted! Your chandelier is SO gorgeous ...and oh my heart... all those bits and baubles. And I love the books sorted by color. I need to go out and buy some more books so I have enough to store like that! :-)

Denise Mares said...

Keli was THE best house guest. She put up with my naughty dogs. She helped me organize my studio. And I tried to keep up with her shopping while shopping but I think I met my match! Thanks so much, Keli! I can't wait to see you next.

oldgreymare said...

I took soldering for virgins with Sally last year. We had so much fun! Everyone should take a class with her. It was hard focusing on our work, we all just wanted to poke around her glorious studio, and Portland was wonderful.

Did you go to that (begins with a P?) restaurant with the gorgonzola cheesecake appetizer? TO DIE FOR! I have the recipe, woo-hoo. See you at the party tomorrow.

Suzan oldgreymareprimitives

Leslie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I love seeing Sally's studio too. I've seen it somewhere ... some magazine or book, no doubt. Beautiful chandelier-ellas!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you were in Sally Jean's studio? WOW, I am way jealous. I love her stuff and she looks like she would be so sweet and cute.

queenmarcy@bellsouth.net

Uncanny Festoon said...

I had to come back for another visit! I will be back again! Fab o u lus

Boxwood Cottage said...

Wow these chandeliers are amazing, I want to make one!
Lucky you to be able to take a 2 days work shop with Sally Jean!
Sending you warmest wishes from Germany
Carola