Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Farm Chicks Show - Make Good Choices!

I spent the day on Saturday as a "farm chick"... I didn't wear a twirly skirt and boots... but many did. Even though I did have the nicest girls tell me they loved my outfit and would have to "farm chick it up" a bit more next year themselves... I didn't realize I'd "chicked" it up at all...it was sweet all the same. I must say it is as much an experience as it is a sale. You have to remind yourself to blink... there is so much to take in... one trip around just will not cut it. So I stand in line to get in... and mind you I arrived 2 hours after they opened.
"Make Good Choices"
my little pre shopping chant I say to myself... it kinda helps.

The Farm Chicks Show

I went with two things in mind that I was hoping to find... another train case to replace the one that went home with Linda from Objects and Elements at artfest. The second item was a pair of cowboy boots... for me. Hey come on... I live in Montana, have a "ranch" and
"The Marshall Tucker Band" is coming to play at our concert venue... so I'm thinking I have plenty of reasons to buy a pair... and if I keep rambling about it I'll even convince myself!


Two new train cases came home with me... and one pair of amazing cowgirl boots... where are the boots? On my girls feet - they are fantastic - just not my size.


and then I found...

the most beautiful linen at Heather Bullards booth...

big safety pins - unsure of metal - but the Patina is just right

what a title... yes?

and who can pass on a sweet red tin...?

I've always wanted one the vintage swim locker baskets... this came from Heather Bullards booth as well as the spool of ribbon. The chicken feeder... weathered to a wonderful color is going up on the wall in my studio - I thought it could hold paints... or cabinet cards... or...

you can't help but have a "light go off" while your here... I mentioned in my last post that I was going to spend my drive time... giving some thought to "a big dream"... well I made some progress there... and spending the day surrounded by such energy only gave me more to think about on the way home. So come to the Farm Chicks Show
and take home with you what you can...


These sweet lights were a show stopper in the wonderful booth of

a booth full of wonderful treasures and LOTS OF PEOPLE...


Something about this piece I just loved... it's good
They have a website...
"make good choices"I find when I'm at a show like this I need a sensory "saltine". You know what I mean a calm pool amongst the current of spring run off... a place to rest your eyes.
I looked left and then I looked right... and just followed my gaze into
the sweet - calm - pool that is
I was pretty sure it was her blog I've been following since artfest... so I asked her if she had attended - yes she had - so I commented on her pce I had seen during the show and share night. It was a great pce she had done in Carly Sonhiem's class. She asked what I had taken there so I told her, the minute I started describing "a horse with feathers..." we had a connection. I was happy to get one of her originals... her prints are of great quality too... so here is her etsy and blog... good choices everywhere
and then there was this....
the "best of show"
so much so... it deserves it's own post...
till then
"Make Good Choices"

4 comments:

Thespa McLaughlin said...

I just added you to the sidebar on my blog. Love your creations and awesome finds! Thanks for sharing.

Terri said...

Super cool stuff in a super cool studio!

Leslie said...

Sigh. Next year I will schedule better.

xo

Rella said...

When I read this:

"I find when I'm at a show like this I need a sensory "saltine". You know what I mean a calm pool amongst the current of spring run off... a place to rest your eyes.
I looked left and then I looked right... and just followed my gaze into
the sweet - calm - pool.."
I just sighed. I know what you mean.....and I have never heard or read it so eloquently put. Your words allowed me to visualize the current of spring run off...and the quiet pool. and I sighed.
I love when a writer has this gift.
Kudos to you and this fabulous blog which I will earmark and add to my sidebar.

It's nice to meet you - they call me Rella.

xox Rella