Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!







my sister took this sweet picture from the studio window up at the cabin.... come visit



I had sweet older man once explain to me why time goes by faster as we get older... and it was the first explanation that rang true to me...



He said "when you are ten - a year is one tenth of your life experience.... when you are forty - a year is then only one fortieth of your life experience... and when you are my age 80 - a year is one eightieth of your life experience... or a blink.



Rings true...yes?



So 2011 was "elevate".



I had a gal come into talc just before the Christmas break. She said to me .... "so tell me about this" and I asked her what she would like to know. She said she had been told "You help artist make art or be better at being an artist". I don't know if I have done this... but I feel happy if someone walked on thinking so. I didn't know what to say, it was the sweetest thing to hear.



Elevate... good.
Ah 2012... what will I do with you?



Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Luxury Log Home said...

I remembered my parents upon reading the lines your man said. Time flies so fast that we don't even we're getting old. The past year brought some of us both happy and sad experiences. But as what you've said, let no sad past remain this year. Let hope and love be with us and soar higher on our dreams in the years to come. A Blessed and Happy New Year!

Jenny said...

Happy New Year to you Keli! I hope you had a great 2011 and '12 will be even better. Sister had a baby boy in Sept and I was lucky enough to spend a little time with her this fall. I would love to come visit you at Talc sometime...I may have to put that on my travel wish list!